Pending transactions

Michelle-19
New Community Member
I have a a pending transaction on something I haven’t purchased. How do I go about resolving this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michelle-19 

Contact merchant to cancel transaction.

Pending transactions are temporary authorizations until either posted as completed or it expires and drops off from your account and funds released. Completed/posted transactions can then be disputed through PayPal or your financial institution.

In some cases, the temporary authorization may remain until expired depending on how the merchant marks the order. If the authorization is voided, funds are released, otherwise, the authorization expires on its own.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michelle-19 

Contact merchant to cancel transaction.

Pending transactions are temporary authorizations until either posted as completed or it expires and drops off from your account and funds released. Completed/posted transactions can then be disputed through PayPal or your financial institution.

In some cases, the temporary authorization may remain until expired depending on how the merchant marks the order. If the authorization is voided, funds are released, otherwise, the authorization expires on its own.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MAB1961
Contributor
Contributor
These transactions are showing as pending in my checking account yet I never completed an order with the vendor. Will this pending transaction drop from my checking account the next business day?
Login to Me Too

Prejames
Have PayPal to Priceline payment that said it didn’t go through, so I paid with my c.c. Went into my online banking 3 days later, my c.c. Transaction was posted, but the PayPal to Priceline transaction was there as well but pending. Has been there for 2 weeks. Called Priceline 5 times they can’t find it to cancel it PayPal says Priceline has to be the one to do it. Meanwhile I’ve gone 340.00 out of my checking account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.