Pending transaction

jeff218
New Community Member

I need to cancel a pending transaction from HomeDepot. I recently purchased thru Paypal - linked to my bank account....I ordered a tub, after realizing the drain was on the wrong side, I called homedepot, and cancelled the tub. I then went back and ordered the right one, however the old tub didn't clear or get cancelled in time for when I put in the order.  I only put limited amounts in the bank account link to my Paypal account, so when Home Depot tried to take the money out of the account for 1200$ it was not there,  as 1200$ I guess ear marked for the first tub. So I contacted Homedepot again, explained the situation, we finally agreed the best way to handle this is to cancel the second tub order and I would reorder was that transaction was cancelled. Here is where the problem now sits, my homedepot account shows order is cancelled, but on my paypal account it shows pending, without a cancel button. Once again I talk to homedepot again (which is next to impossible to due now a days) and they gave me a email address to home depot customer care. Well with my luck the email bounced back to me as not deliverable. I am at my witts end. I  cant order anything on my paypal now because of this pending thing, or kicks it to my change payment method to credit card. Anybody have suggestions...thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

IntegraPM
New Community Member

Got the Same Issue I was trying to purchse a $1,150 Bathroom Vanity on Sale limited offer on time and quantity for security reasons and also hoping to be able to use the 12 month zero fees credit i used Paypal .. after confirmation of the order by Home Depot and Paypal, i received 4 days later an email from home depot saying that my order got cancelled for no payment. Connecting then to PAypal in order to retransfer this money back to my bank account to replace the order on Home Depot using this time my bank credit card ... Paypal's showing the stransaction as pending and keeps the money on hold and says: can't make no request no voiding can't be released .... how long is this mess going to last ... i guess till the sales on home depot are gone or the item no more available. it is the most frustrating experience ever particualrly when you're in the middle of a big remodalation and need the item ASAP. I'm not sure i will use again Paypal services again.

Now that i'm thinking of it i had once another issue with Paypal as a new tenant was paying her  rent and security deposit through payapl (amount was 1300 or so) her lmoney got stuck for 2 weeks ... the reason was the amount ... no amount sup to $1,000  ...  it seems that all transactions above $1000 are an issue. I coudlnt validate her lease and we had to way till this was cleared before she could move in... it's a scandal !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.