Pending transaction

McGack
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, 

Im in a bit of a bind here, I sent off a payment on 30th August the transaction says the money has been sent and it has been removed from my bank account however it still shows as pending.

I have been in contact with the other party who say they tried contacting paypal with no response and that the payment should be returned to me, as far as I can see at the moment this isnt the case, should I be worried about this or does it take some time for my activities to reflect this change?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@McGack 

Need more info:

Is the transaction marked sent but is in the pending section and marked unclaimed on your end?

Did you send payment as goods and services? Is the funds marked on hold/pending on the recipient's end as a goods and service payment?

Recipient may have to click "Add Tracking Info" and select an order status and then you have to confirm receipt to release funds, or claim/accept the money if they haven't.

Both parties need to click the transaction for more details.

To contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private messaging via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter: @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

McGack
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Hi

The transaction is marked sent and is in the pending section nothing to say if its unclaimed or not

I did send payment as goods and services but i havent checked with the recipient if they see that 

I sent it with no delivery address as it is a digital purchase from them

but ill check with them to see if they have those options

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

---duplicate post

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@McGack wrote:

@sharpiemarker 

Hi

The transaction is marked sent and is in the pending section nothing to say if its unclaimed or not

I did send payment as goods and services but i havent checked with the recipient if they see that 

I sent it with no delivery address as it is a digital purchase from them

but ill check with them to see if they have those options

If it is pending on your end, the payment could be under review by PayPal which takes up to 72 hours before sending it on to the recipient. If you sent it as goods and services, its possible that it would be on hold on the recipient side once they get it and they'd have to mark the transaction as Order Processed and ask you to confirm receipt before funds are released.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@McGack 

Also make sure the recipient has confirmed their email address, too. They have go to the account settings (gear icon) and look in the email address section to see if confirmation is needed and to have PayPal resend the email address confirmation email again if necessary.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.