Pending transaction

rbighamm22
Contributor
Contributor

I had a transaction decline due to authorization failure with the Merchant. The transaction was canceled, and 'refunded' (the merchant never took any funds) one week ago now. My funds are currently in pending on my Paypal account still, no activity since 9 days ago with the original transaction. I have contacted both Paypal and BestBuy support since several times. Paypal support said I needed to tell the merchant to cancel my order, then the funds could be taking out of pending. I have since contacted Bestbuy multiple times, I have received verification from BB support the order was cancelled and refunded, that no funds were ever recieved due to authorization failure. I have gotten emails referencing the exact order number saying the order has been canceled. I have bestbuy support directly telling me that after 24 hours paypal has my funds and its up to them to release them. After speaking with paypal support after waiting 18 hours all I was told is the merchant has to cancel the order. This I have verified countless times, the order has been canceled by the merchant and I have documentation to back that up. I am still trying to get an agent to simply look at the documentation, and I cannot call in w/o the automated line disconnected. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

RAGEbydefault
Contributor
Contributor

Ive had the same issue, I waited 30days for it to be automatically canceled, however, just now, it was already canceled but not refunded yet 😞

Login to Me Too

rbighamm22
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a claim with my bank and they refunded me as goods were not received from merchant. Paypal is making money off holding money...

Login to Me Too

RAGEbydefault
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you. I just called my Bank and they informed me that there is no pending/floating amount for refund to my account. They also informed that the said transaction was made. I already contacted Paypal and they keep telling me info about authorization stuff. They dont get my point. Its more than a month now. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.