Pending refund, please someone help me

AndyyDEP96
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone I have a problem with few refunds. I made few payments with family and friends option. The seller got the payment but they arrived as pending so he refunded me. As soon he refunded me, it said refund pending 1-2 days. Today he told me the status has changed and now it says refund pending 21 days. I paid from my debit card, in my PayPal account I can’t see any “pending refund” . Is this normal ? Anyone know if this is a standard procedure or what is going on ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyyDEP96 

Sadly if you paid a seller using the friends/family option you negated your buyer protection as its against paypal rules to use that option to pay sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyyDEP96 

Hmmmm, this sounds like a typical scam where the seller tells you to use the friends/family option to pay for an item.

This is not only against paypal rules but negates your buyer protection as you are not supposed to use that option to buy goods or services.

Then the seller pretends they either can't receive the funds or sends pretend refunds etc.

You would need to provide some more non account specific information ie general info for us to advise further.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AndyyDEP96
Contributor
Contributor
Which other informations could you possibly need, I called PayPal they told me to wait that that could see that my payments were refunded, but I still haven’t received my money after 5 days…
Login to Me Too

AndyyDEP96
Contributor
Contributor
Called again and they said they can’t see pending refund this time (opposite of what the 1st person told me) in the meanwhile the seller provided me the page where it says the payment she got was pending and that the refund is still 21 days pending
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyyDEP96 

Refunds are never pending for 21 days, the 21 days refers to the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

If the seller is waiting for the funds to be released so that they can refund them then they have not issued you a refund yet.

They should refund from another source like their bank account and then wait for the held funds to be released to pay them back again as any new seller hold is between them and paypal and should involve you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AndyyDEP96
Contributor
Contributor
I really don’t know all I was said by her is that she got the payment pending ands she refunded it but because the payment was pending also my refund is pending but I am starting to believe that i have been scammed
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyyDEP96 

Sadly if you paid a seller using the friends/family option you negated your buyer protection as its against paypal rules to use that option to pay sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.