Pending payments

Swagpa
Contributor
Contributor
Money sent to me involving no selling of products or shipping should not be pending ,,if its gone from the senders bank account and it's not in the recipients account i.e. my account,,then that is simply paypal pirateering money that does not belong to them for bogus reasons
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

StefanBalint
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason they does that. I have been calling them once, but nothing strange from their side. Happened to me today again, it might got stuck in the gap.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swagpa 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly. (However that option is not available in every country).

HOWEVER if it was sent using option 2 then paypal can and do sometimes 'review' those sorts of payments to check that it is not a seller accepting payments that way to avoid paying their fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Swagpa
Contributor
Contributor
There were no fees , it was sent f and f , they say they its pending because it's an echeck , an echeck btw th as t was deducted immediately from senders bank account and therefore a good check, and should have been directly deposited in my account. I'm **bleep**. This is a scam paypal is pulling
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swagpa 

If you had said it was pending on BOTH paypal accounts with a clearance date then yes it would have been an echeque.

Bank transfers are never instant and thats why paypal CREDIT the seller upfront when you pay as a buyer.

Funds go via ACH in batches as paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option hence they credit the seller so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

However with a f/f payment they don't credit upfront as there is no item to be delivered as its a gift payment, hence you are the one that takes the wait this time.

Normally 3-5 days but funds leave the senders bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.