Pending payment

Shell19621
Contributor
Contributor
I've been contacted by a seller asking me to pay for my item. I paid but its showing pending. Unclaimed. I've never had this and neither has the seller. How do we resolve it? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shell19621 

Recipient has to confirm their email address with PayPal or register for a PayPal account to claim the money. Check if the payment was sent to correct email address to begin with. If email address is wrong, cancel the payment if a cancel button is present and resend to correct email address. Otherwise payment is returned unclaimed after 30 days if no cancel button is present and you may have to make another payment to the correct email address in the interim.

If recipient is from the US, they may have to “Accept the money” on the Summary page and verify some personal info to claim the money into their PayPal balance or withdraw immediately to a linked bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shell19621 

Recipient has to confirm their email address with PayPal or register for a PayPal account to claim the money. Check if the payment was sent to correct email address to begin with. If email address is wrong, cancel the payment if a cancel button is present and resend to correct email address. Otherwise payment is returned unclaimed after 30 days if no cancel button is present and you may have to make another payment to the correct email address in the interim.

If recipient is from the US, they may have to “Accept the money” on the Summary page and verify some personal info to claim the money into their PayPal balance or withdraw immediately to a linked bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Shell19621
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Kudos 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.