Pending payment

Claudia793
Contributor
Contributor
Pending payment for products I purchased. Bank shows it’s paid. But PayPal states it’s pending. Why does PayPal not release the payment for me? The seller can’t send the items as funds are not Released from PayPal
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claudia793 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant they go as echeques via ACH in batches, but its called ''instant transfer'' because normally when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes normally several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

HOWEVER there are times when its you and/or the seller that takes the wait for the echeque to clear and below are some of the reasons...

1. Card needs updating.
2. Has had a recent negative balance.
3. A recent failed bank transfer.
4. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
5. Friends / family payments....funded from a bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claudia793 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant they go as echeques via ACH in batches, but its called ''instant transfer'' because normally when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes normally several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

HOWEVER there are times when its you and/or the seller that takes the wait for the echeque to clear and below are some of the reasons...

1. Card needs updating.
2. Has had a recent negative balance.
3. A recent failed bank transfer.
4. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
5. Friends / family payments....funded from a bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Claudia793
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

harleenbawa
New Community Member
Hi. In how many days your payment went through!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.