Pending payment

Jen221
Contributor
Contributor
My payment for an ebay order has been pending for over 21 days now and it is still not released to the seller..how can i get my payment released? It is so frustrating..thank you for any help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Did they enter tracking details into the order on their side so that you can see the tracking number within the PayPal details? Does this tracking show delivered?

Typically funding holds would be released shortly after the item has been delivered, which is why it needs that info. If it's never provided, and you never dispute the payment, then yes, after a period of time it will eventually release to the seller.

Also, you may see on your side if you click into the PayPal payment details where you can click a link that says you have received your item. If you do this, it may release the funds right away.

Just keep in mind that all of that is in place to protect you as the buyer. If this seller is claiming they won't ship the product until the payment is released, well then they are the ones fighting the system and making things difficult. They should ship the item, enter the tracking, and as soon as you receive it they would get the funds released.

If they aren't willing to do that, I personally wouldn't wait on them. I would just tell them you're going to go ahead and dispute the transaction as "item not received". If they still won't go ahead and ship it and provide the tracking, then follow through with that action to get your money back and move on to another seller who isn't being complicated.

I guess I made a lot of assumptions in my reply here, but hopefully that is somewhat helpful.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Weld
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem just not as long but 7 days already. the weird thing is they took the money out of my bank account the same day. but it still says pending on here so until that doesn't say that I can't get my code.
Login to Me Too

Jen221
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for responding ☺☺
Login to Me Too

Jen221
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it is super frustrating!
Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Did they enter tracking details into the order on their side so that you can see the tracking number within the PayPal details? Does this tracking show delivered?

Typically funding holds would be released shortly after the item has been delivered, which is why it needs that info. If it's never provided, and you never dispute the payment, then yes, after a period of time it will eventually release to the seller.

Also, you may see on your side if you click into the PayPal payment details where you can click a link that says you have received your item. If you do this, it may release the funds right away.

Just keep in mind that all of that is in place to protect you as the buyer. If this seller is claiming they won't ship the product until the payment is released, well then they are the ones fighting the system and making things difficult. They should ship the item, enter the tracking, and as soon as you receive it they would get the funds released.

If they aren't willing to do that, I personally wouldn't wait on them. I would just tell them you're going to go ahead and dispute the transaction as "item not received". If they still won't go ahead and ship it and provide the tracking, then follow through with that action to get your money back and move on to another seller who isn't being complicated.

I guess I made a lot of assumptions in my reply here, but hopefully that is somewhat helpful.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Jen221
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for that response..i do feel loke im doing everything to resolve and she kind of doesnt do anything to meet me even halfway..with that said though it is annoying that paypal hasnt released the payment after the 21 days..the money is taken out of my bank and clearly legit..i will try tour advice with the seller though for sure i hope she cooperates..thank you again!! 😊😊
Login to Me Too

Jen221
Contributor
Contributor
*like *your Sorry i hate spelling errors lol Thank you again ☺
Login to Me Too

charmanderrr
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi! Thank you for reaching Paypal. There are several reasons why money will be put on hold, see below article. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987 If it was sent as goods and services kindly follow the steps below. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-receipt-of-an-item-faq4176?app=searchAu... If you find this helpful, kindly give a Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Jen221
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for responding I understand the policies but now it is 3 days past the 21 days so i think paypal should just release the money Thank you ☺
Login to Me Too

BBG3
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Money was sent to my paypal account.  It was verified that it had been take out of the enders account.  It just says "pending".  When I try to resolve it through Paypal maze, they said to contact the seller. The seller can't get any customer service.  I can't get any service.  Paypal has the money.  This feels like fraud.  I will never use Paypal again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.