Pending payment

wadeekhoury
Contributor
Contributor

I just purchased a product online and the money "was taken" from my account, but PayPal sent me: "Please note that this is not a charge. Your account will be charged when the merchant processes your payment." Later, I got an email with the shipment confirmation and also an email from DHL with the shipment number.

However, since the first payment is pending, the seller sent me that they received a "void" payment and gave me an "invoice" to pay that is now pending on PayPal account.

If I paid the invoice now, will the pending money completes its way to the seller or return to my account??

What do you advise?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

wadeekhoury
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, this was an authorization problem used by PayPal to ensure that I have the payment and that the seller has shipped the product. In my case, even after shipment PayPal did not release the payment and kept it pending. Therefore, the seller started to contact me and ask for a new payment. The solution, I have sent an email to PayPal customer service with the DHL tracking number, and then, they released the payment to the seller immediately. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @wadeekhoury,

I'm sorry to hear that there is confusing activity with the payment that you've made. Because what you describe is not typical, I recommend reaching out to customer service to have a representative take a look at the status of the payment and guide you in what to expect or do next.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
Solved

wadeekhoury
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, this was an authorization problem used by PayPal to ensure that I have the payment and that the seller has shipped the product. In my case, even after shipment PayPal did not release the payment and kept it pending. Therefore, the seller started to contact me and ask for a new payment. The solution, I have sent an email to PayPal customer service with the DHL tracking number, and then, they released the payment to the seller immediately. Problem solved.

Login to Me Too

PaulJean1
Contributor
Contributor
Similar problem shipped sn item they left positive feedback, cash is still pending. When will I instead of everyone else profit from my selling , Ebay took their fees ages ago for this direct from my bank account.
Login to Me Too

wadeekhoury
Contributor
Contributor

In my opinion, contact PayPal and give them the tracking number of the shipment, and they should release the payment to you. Note that if the payment kept pending for more than 30 days, probably the authorization will expire and the payment will get back to their account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.