Pending payment....

Kylima
Contributor
Contributor

I gave sent a payment to someone and it now says pending... I've never had this happen before they usually go through straight away.. so is this from my end or theirs? I dont have a cancel button either ?? Oh and why does it say echeque clearance 2 days... I paid straight from my bank account ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kylima

They are correct in that your card will be instant.

You can ask your seller to cancel the echeque HOWEVER you can't stop a processing payment, the echeque will still have to leave your bank account and 'clear' through to Paypals site and then as the transaction was cancelled it will be credited to your Paypal account balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account if you want to (much quicker withdrawing).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kylima

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something Paypal credit the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However if you are funding that Paypal payment via bank transfer then they only take that 'risk' if you have a back up card linked to your Paypal account as well.

If you don't or that card is out of date then it will go as an echeque.

It may also go as an echeque anyway if Paypal see any 'risk' to the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kylima
Contributor
Contributor
So I just rang customer service and he said if I cancel the payment then choose my Mastercard not bank account, even though it will cost me about $14 then it will go through instantly.... correct? Dont want to muck around cancelling the payment and paying a fee if its still going to go through as an echeque.. I already have my accounts backed up with cards too ?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kylima

They are correct in that your card will be instant.

You can ask your seller to cancel the echeque HOWEVER you can't stop a processing payment, the echeque will still have to leave your bank account and 'clear' through to Paypals site and then as the transaction was cancelled it will be credited to your Paypal account balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account if you want to (much quicker withdrawing).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.