Pending payment funds dissappeared

ekppl
New Community Member

Hi. On 23rd December I submitted an order in the amount of €89,19 to Sportsdirect.com. The payment was put on hold, as it usually happens until Sportsdirect proceeds with the order. So the funds from my acount were put on hold. After a while, I canceled the order with them, because some items were out of stock. The funds were still on hold, and showed as pending until the 22nd January. I expected that the amount would be returned to my account balance, but it hasn't happened. When I try to search the transaction ID it won't appear there. Can you tell me why this is happening and why the funds haven't been returned to my account yet?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @ekppl

Sorry to hear you are having problems with this payment and welcome to the community. Appreciate the inconvenience with having an order pending, does the payment still show as 'pending' through PayPal? I understand you have cancelled the order with the merchant directly however if your payment shows as 'Completed' on PayPal then it sounds like it has been paid. If so, you'll need to reach out to the merchant and ask them to issue you with a refund or open a Non Receipt dispute through the Resolution Center of your PayPal account. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.