Pending Refund

cardarsen
Contributor
Contributor

Made a payment for a computer, then decided against it and rang the seller to cancel. They cancelled the payment and issued a refund. The payment came out of my bank this morning anyway, even though it says Pending?? Refund is still saying pending aswell. I contacted the seller again and they said it has completed on their side and they dont know why i havent received it. Does anyone know how long i will have to wait?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cardarsen 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cardarsen 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DanishBeth
New Community Member

Hi, did you ever get your refund? How long did it take? I’m on Day 10 and still no sign of it!! I used debit card ..... surely it can’t take a full 30 days to refund to a card in this day and age, can it? Rhetorical questions 😁

Login to Me Too

ishawnagraham32
Contributor
Contributor
Did you receive your refund. Mine has been pending from May 5
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.