Pending Payment

Anan_ok
Contributor
Contributor

I paid an order a week ago with paypal and it was withdrawn from my bank account and it says "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when ASOS.COM Ltd completes your order."

but my order was unsuccessful and incompleted, I contacted the merchant but they said they couldn't withdraw the money. 

I want to know how should I cancel a pending payment and how long does it take for a pending payment to expire?

and does the money of the pending payment will return to my bank account ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anan_ok 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nawaz032
Contributor
Contributor

Why is the payment I sent pending? What if I decide to cancel it?

If you sent a payment or made a purchase that is pending or unclaimed, that means the recipient hasn’t accepted it yet.

Only payments that are sent to unregistered or unconfirmed email addresses and mobile numbers may be canceled. These payments will have a status of “Unclaimed” and will show in the “Pending” section of your PayPal account.

paypal problem 3.PNG

If the payment is completed, you won’t be able to cancel it. You’ll need to contact the recipient (or seller) and request a refund.

Here's how to cancel a pending payment:

1. On the Activity page locate the pending payment.
  2. Click Cancel under the pending payment.
  3. Click Cancel Payment.

Note:

• You can only cancel an unclaimed payment that has a "Cancel" link next to it.
  • A pending payment is automatically canceled if the recipient doesn’t claim or accept it within 30 days.
  • If you paid with a debit or credit card and the payment is canceled, the money will be refunded to that card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.
  • If you paid with your bank account and the payment is canceled, that money will be refunded to your PayPal account. It may take up to 3-5 business days for the refund to appear on your PayPal account.

If you want to request a refund for a completed payment, here’s how to find the recipient’s (or seller's) contact information:

1. On the Activity page click the payment you would like refunded.
  2. Once you locate the recipient's email address, send them a message and request a refund.

If the recipient doesn’t agree to refund your money, you may be able to open a dispute in the Resolution Center, where you'll be able to communicate directly with the recipient/seller and try to resolve any issues.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anan_ok 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.