Pending Payment on Paypal

catmurph_37
New Community Member

I bought something on eBay on Sunday night and paid for it via Paypal.  I had a confirmation email to say the payment had been made successfully.  Then I had a text asking if the transaction was authoised and I responded that it was.  It confirmed that it was going to mark it as authorised.

Today I've noticed that on eBay it says the item in unpaid, on PayPal it says the transaction is pending, but the has been taken from my credit card.

Why has this payment not gone to the seller?

Thanks

Cath

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@catmurph_37

did you have Money (Directly) in Paypal?

or did you have money in a Link account with Bank card to Paypal.?

it could take 7 days or more for the money to Leave your Bank into Paypal than to the Ebay sellers. it will look like this.

Bank card<----into ---->Paypal----->Ebay Seller 😂

if you did it like that? your going to wait awhile I (NEVER DO THAT) I just put money into (PAYPAL) & buy on Ebay the seller get's his money in 0.34 seconds!! 😉

Login to Me Too

catmurph_37
New Community Member

It was a credit card linked to my paypal account.  I've never bought stuff on eBay before via PayPal I usually pay by credit card directly.  I don't suppose there is anything I can do to speed this up?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Cath

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.