Pending Order Placed

Meg1515
New Community Member
I placed an order yesterday to a large retailer and never received order confirmation from them. I spoke to the retailers customer care and they do not show that the order went through. On PayPals end I see my acct says “pending order placed”? How do I cancel and get my $ back? Why did this happen? How long does it take to get $ back? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Meg1515 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

If the order status is "Pending", your order has been received by the seller, but your payment has not yet been processed. For most purchases, the seller will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. There would be times that there might be a delay on the system.

For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your purchase. For some purchases, such as services, rentals, or hotel stays, the seller will complete the payment after your purchase is fully delivered.

The status of an order will continue to display as pending until it expires, is completed, or has been voided.

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Fin123
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take for a pending payment to expire?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.