Pending Authorization. Cannot cancel.

Mesgian
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to make an order from the KVD Vegan Beauty e-shop twice, but it would say that due to an error the orders could not  be submitted. However, PayPal holded the money required for both attempts and it says that authorization is pending. I contacted the e-shop and they say that they did not charge my card, since the orders where not completed. I tried to contact PayPal and I got a prewritten response with instructions on how to cancel a transaction. I cannot find a way to cancel them though. Is there any way to cancel them on my own? Is there a prespecified waiting time before a pending transaction gets canceled by default? And if so, will i get my money back? Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mesgian 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mesgian 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Studoc
Contributor
Contributor

But 30 days is too long......
I am in a similar situation and getting no traction with emails to the seller..

I need to free up the funds in order to purchase from another seller, this process being part of a bigger project, I don't have 30 days to dither....

Login to Me Too

sunbum1227
Contributor
Contributor

is the 30 days set in stone? or can the company somehow contact paypal to cancel the pending authorization? I dont want to wait the 30 days also  and need access to my funds yesterday. 

Login to Me Too

Littlejulie3
Contributor
Contributor
I’m also having this issue with a Facebook market seller. She says she didn’t receive the funds in her PayPal or doesn’t know how, but stupid PayPal already withdrew the money from my bank account. This seems like a trap, and I’d like my money back. So much for buyer protection.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Littlejulie3 

Does it actually say pending awaiting authorisation on your account or just pending or completed?

Did you send using goods/services OR friends/family?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Littlejulie3
Contributor
Contributor
It says transaction type: “authorization” under the Pending section for this week’s purchases. I’ve already “paid” according to my account, and there are enough funds to cover the purchase. But the seller says she was not paid and I can not cancel or dispute or get a refund or even “report a problem”.
Login to Me Too

i3TeaTimei3
New Community Member

Is there an alternative to waiting for the 30-day period?

Login to Me Too

jasminemalorie5
New Community Member
Today is February 26, 2021. I have an order thats still showing up as "Pending" from January 4th. The money was already taken from my bank account and I've recieved my items long ago, but for some reason it is showing on my account still that the payment is pending, and it doesn't give me the option to cancel. Like I said, I've already paid for it and recieved my items, so I don't understand whats happening. Its been almost 2 months as well. I hope they don't try to withdraw $500 from my account again. Anyone know what I can do? I've tried contacting PayPal but couldn't get any answers I needed. Has anyone else had this problem before?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.