Paypal wont use preferred payment method

Arctic922

Hey guys. Last week i bought modern warfare off gamesplanet.com and my payment went thru with no issues. Today i try to buy the game for a friend but its giving problems. Its telling me to add a payment method. My debit card i use has its numbers is such ways that its impossible to use online. So i hooked up my Bank account directly to Paypal so i can make online purchases, but now its telling me to add a payment method. i tried changing my preferred payment method to Paypal balance and hoped that it would just use my bank account because i have no funds in Paypal balance. It didn't work. Nothing i have tried so far works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arctic922 

Perhaps you had to set up a recurring billing agreement with the merchant so the preferred payment method would not be adjusted through the PayPal wallet page but through the automatic payment page:

Go to Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Edit (Pencil icon) on the right.

How are you able to even buy the game for the friend? Don't your game account and PayPal account have to match?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Arctic922

I just did what you said but i cant find gamesplanet anywhere.

(And no, No need to match. Im just gifting it to him)

Login to Me Too

Arctic922

The exact message i get is "Your PayPal account is missing a payment method. Please add a card to continue."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.