Paypal won't let me buy anything

Temp20230525K
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal won't let me buying anything or send money. the message below pops up whenever I try to buy somthing.

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

I have tried two differnt methods and both don't work anyway can some please tell me what the problem is and how to solve it.

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

bananzo
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem, I'm verified and all.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to verify your account.  It's your choice not to but, basically you can't do much.  Prepaid cards can also be an issue, they are usually not accepted for verification and you must be able to register both a name and address with the card issuer else, PayPal will reject the card.

Why is verifying my account important and removing my limits important?

All US financial institutions such as banks, credit card issues and 3rd party transaction processors such as PayPal are required by law to verify the identity of the person behind any and all Accounts into which money is collected.

Verification mitigates money laundering and terrorist financing.  PayPal takes advantage of the fact that you had to prove to the bank you are who you say you are.  Therefore, by linking and confirming your bank account, the background work has already been done and PayPal has now met the legal requirements to protect themselves.

PayPal's FAQs state: To Verify your PayPal account, just link your bank account to your PayPal account or be approved for PayPal Smart Connect or the PayPal Plus MasterCard®.

From experience, we’ve learned that in order to use PayPal without limits, it best to link and confirm a bank account plus link and confirm a credit card or register your SSN # or do all three.  (Note, when you link and confirm a credit card, this acts as additional proof of ID, a backup funding source and allows you to do instant transfers verses sending eChecks or in the UK eCheques.)

Login to Me Too

canucksno1
Contributor
Contributor

these **bleep**ing idiots are doing the same to me!! i call them and they say it ll take 3 business days to verify my card!!wtf??and they gonna charge me too,i mean,3 working days,they could tell you that before,i bought stuff knowing i will pay on my pay day,friday,so now its 5-6 days wait wich mean im gonna get bad feedback cause these **bleep**ing idiots!!that **bleep** me off,i have the money but they wont let me paid,now i look like one of these guys who buy stuff but dont paid!**bleep** you paypall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i ll bet money i wont even receive the activation code either,im gonna have to call them again.

not impress:(

Login to Me Too

gpt
New Community Member

If it 'is" a pre-loaded/reloadable credit card problem, thay are behind the times. I am using a reloadable card, linked to my account and issued by my bank and am already verified by PayPal. This needs remedying fast.

Login to Me Too

canucksno1
Contributor
Contributor

me its been over 2 weeks,doesnt look like it will work,funny thing i use the excact same card 2 years ago to buy 58 items,now they decided its not good anymore and im late to pay for 15 items,so thats mean i will get 15 bad feedback and ruin my 100% reputation,there is no way i can pay now cause they are extremly idiots stupid people:(,so i mine is well close my account and say good bye!so freaking ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Login to Me Too

dumbamericans
Contributor
Contributor

I can tell you after a conversation with Ebay, that Ebay are aware of the way this new "paypal policy" is affecting buyers, I think its more  based around Nth America buying froEurope, but I could be wrong. I just don't understand the silence from paypal, I accept the fact that "volunteers" (kernowlass, snow shoe et-al ) are at odds with this which makes the non issuing of a statement from paypal all the more worrying. This is paypal's  fully sanctioned forum, supported by them, this is by far the biggest  problem to accure on the system, yet no word from them. What better way could there be to support your clients  and community. All I suggest is everyone one with this problem call them once a day, every day, maybe they would acknowledge and deal with it.

Login to Me Too

No you dont I do, ive spent 4 days and called numerous of times and they're all **bleep** idiots, and when i say they i'm talking about every customer service <removed> i have spoken to. Not just one or two... EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. Idc if they're white black brown yellow or have sand in there **bleep** brains. They all tell me the same thing, either use another card?? LIKE WTF WOULD I NEED PAYPAL OR BE CALLING YOU IF I COULD USE MY BANK ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW! MY MONEY IS IN MY ACCOUNT AND I CANT USE IT BECAUSE THE SECURITY THINKS IT KNOWS BETTER THAN ME? THIS IS MY **bleep** MONEY THEY ARE **bleep** WITH AND NOTHING MAKES ME MORE MAD WHEN MY MONEY IS BEING **bleep** WITH

Login to Me Too

Lightningwirele
New Community Member
Same happen to me. Got money from my customer. Ship the product. And cant use my money
Login to Me Too

jaymac62
Contributor
Contributor

i have always paid by paypal then last week now refuses ,saying contact paypal so i did and my account has yet again been given the ok, and guess what still wont work

Login to Me Too

googlguy
New Community Member

Pay pal has worked for me many years using existing Visa on file. Now it will not work on site tau site.

What is the problem?

@snowshoe wrote:

You need to verify your account.  It's your choice not to but, basically you can't do much.  Prepaid cards can also be an issue, they are usually not accepted for verification and you must be able to register both a name and address with the card issuer else, PayPal will reject the card.

Why is verifying my account important and removing my limits important?

All US financial institutions such as banks, credit card issues and 3rd party transaction processors such as PayPal are required by law to verify the identity of the person behind any and all Accounts into which money is collected.

Verification mitigates money laundering and terrorist financing.  PayPal takes advantage of the fact that you had to prove to the bank you are who you say you are.  Therefore, by linking and confirming your bank account, the background work has already been done and PayPal has now met the legal requirements to protect themselves.

PayPal's FAQs state: To Verify your PayPal account, just link your bank account to your PayPal account or be approved for PayPal Smart Connect or the PayPal Plus MasterCard®.

From experience, we’ve learned that in order to use PayPal without limits, it best to link and confirm a bank account plus link and confirm a credit card or register your SSN # or do all three.  (Note, when you link and confirm a credit card, this acts as additional proof of ID, a backup funding source and allows you to do instant transfers verses sending eChecks or in the UK eCheques.)

sorry, I will not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.