Paypal withdrawing payments from wrong account

jacksrose
Contributor
Contributor
I have been using pay pal for some Google play purchases over the past month..up until the last 2 purchases pay pal always went through my debit card..for some reason, my most recent transactions went through my savings, which didnt have enough funds in it, and now i have accumaulated $89 in non sufficient fund fees..when i first noticed, that pay pal had routed my fees through my savings, i had $60 in nsf fees..i have tries numerous times to go through a pay pal agent to resolve the situatuon to no avail..ay ine point an agent assured me that it wouldnt happen again, and then thus morning pay pal tries to resubmit my payment once again through my savings which resulted in another fee..i even had gone into my settings since first noticing the nsf a fee days ago and made sure that only my debit card was supposed to be used in buying and selling transaction..i.just don't understand why PayPal insisted on routing through my savings when all of my previous transactions had automatically been routed through debit card.. i did have my checking, savings and debit card on my pay pal account and even though it had my savings listed first it had my debit card listed as back up..again i have since changed it to debit card only for buying and selling, but pay pal still insists on routing through my savings acct
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jacksrose,

I'm sorry to hear that a payment method you do not prefer to use is being used for the billing agreement. If you've checked the settings for your billing agreement and they're correct, it's possible that the card was declined at the time of the payment and a secondary payment method was used in order to prevent the payment from being declined outright. Declines of payments or individual payment methods can happen for multiple reasons. To allow a representative to review the payment and see what payment methods were presented at the time of the payment and the reasons for any declines, please contact customer service.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.