Paypal suddenly won't let me pay for things from my bank account

marcassin
Contributor
Contributor

All of a sudden Paypal won't let me use my bank account as a method of paying for eBay items. I have always been able to do this up to today (and have had a PayPal account for about 5 years). My bank account is correct, verified, confirmed, what more do they want? When I went to pay for somethign this evening the only payment methods I could opt for were e-cheque (NO THANKS) or credit / debit card whcih I did not want to use. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bomzoy 

They will block the use of bank transfer if you have ever had a failed bank transfer or negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JohnD4
Contributor
Contributor
I had this recently and read the replies here. They changed my default bank without me knowing and changed it to a closed account. I have been using it to send money to my gf account in the Philippines so I can access it. I guess since they changed the account, it gives them a TOS right to make me pay 2.9% transaction fee. Honestly, their currency conversion rate was kind of BS to begin with. They have my card as backup and got the money but now want to use it all the time. I would have called them to straighten it out immediately, but u know... u cant call Paypal. Ill just wire money to her account from now on. Not interested in having a 3 day text-a-thon so they can tell me they want my 2.9%. Ill just give Wells Fargo $45 and move on from the AOL of banking haha.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525Q
Contributor
Contributor
Try deleting yr info n reput it in .it might work
Login to Me Too

Ash71
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, it works sometimes but not always. Like I can buy one thing from a site, or even 2 or 3, but than suddenly it wants me to add a card? It allowed me to buy a couple of things but than quit?
Login to Me Too

Ns1234
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same exact issue, and these were the most thorough, and meaningful responses which basically says "this is a possibility as to why you can't use your bank account" as opposed to something like "idk".

I contacted them on August 31st when I initially got these responses, and as of this writing it is September 10th.

<removed>

<removed>

Login to Me Too

omgrpg518
I just got this problem and have been very confused, I don't have a credit card, or a debit card that paypal accepts, so using my bank was the only way to pay for things. It's basically become useless now.
Login to Me Too

Mimi_13
Contributor
Contributor

Same With Me I Was Able to use it for a couple of days then boom i cant anymore

Login to Me Too

Same issue, started this weekend. Although I do have a debit card attached to my PayPal account and it is well within date. My bank account is verified etc and I have been with PayPal for years. Unfortunately I still get the echeque message when trying to purchase an item on eBay through my PayPal account linked with my bank account. So far no help from PayPal. I have included screenshots via the message centre and will continue to chase it up by phone call if required.
Login to Me Too

Haistulf
New Community Member

It is now 2021, and the issue still hasn't been resolved, 8 years, and they've done nothing about it, PayPal, why are you so garbage? Just fix the issue, and everyone can be happy. Some of us don't have credit/debit cards to link. Don't give us an option to link a bank account if you won't even let us use it. 

Login to Me Too

Mimi_13
Contributor
Contributor

Its 2022/04/30 And im still facing this problem. Fix your **bleep**ing site and app paypal before claiming this is one of the best ways to send and receive money from people. Tired of this site. If this is not solved i will find another place to use my bank account to purchase things

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.