Paypal suddenly won't let me pay for things from my bank account

marcassin
Contributor
Contributor

All of a sudden Paypal won't let me use my bank account as a method of paying for eBay items. I have always been able to do this up to today (and have had a PayPal account for about 5 years). My bank account is correct, verified, confirmed, what more do they want? When I went to pay for somethign this evening the only payment methods I could opt for were e-cheque (NO THANKS) or credit / debit card whcih I did not want to use. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

androbirb

it's 2021 and i found this bc I had the same issue lol 

Login to Me Too

ZenStarwalker
New Community Member

Same here! I just paid for VIP on minecraft for me and a friend. The purchase for his went through no problem but mine is pendin even though I have over 1000$ in my bank account. I try to transfer fund from bank to paypal and its going to take 3-5 days? makes sense the other way around but wtf. I only got him a 10$ vip and myself 40$ vip. but i tried to do a 10$ for myseld its declined even though my bank has plenty more than that. What give Paypal? Not as reliable as you lead on....

Login to Me Too

gypsysnail
Contributor
Contributor

Same!!!!! Am FURIOUS!!!! Paypal who the h**l do you think you are!!?? I have plenty of money in my account!!!!!!!!!!! Stop giving us all these stupid problems we dont need!!!!

Login to Me Too

I_Wish
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this issue too, in a way. A website called Wish will only let me use my bank account on PayPal for items that are $2, $3 etc. Anything that totals up to $20 or so I have to use my mother's MasterCard for, and I know she hates me for it.

Login to Me Too

alouie01
Contributor
Contributor

I was chatting with Online support, the person told me that due to security features from Paypal I'm not allowed to send payment through my bank checking account  and only option is through my credit card and I will be charged a service fee. I'm going to see if I can use my bank debit card to send payment. If that doesn't work I'm going to cancel my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

ddepuy75
I've came into this problem a few months ago. I'm ok with e-checks on some things, but it makes you look stupid to buyers. PayPal must be getting a kick-back from credit card purchases. My only thought for them blocking off direct bank payments. They lose money that way.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ddepuy75

Paypal stop you using your bank account as a funding source 'if' you have had a failed bank transfer at anytime OR a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jackiets
I have read through the responses and I have to say that I have two credit cards attached to my account and am still unable to use my bank account anymore. I prefer to use my bank account to transfer money to my daughter in France because the fee is so much lower. The error message I get tells me to contact my bank, which I have done, and they say everything is fine on their end. When I relayed that to PayPal, I was walked through a couple options that didn’t work and was told there was nothing more they could do. Aside from that being a display of poor customer service, it leads me to believe they wish to force higher fee methods of payment on customers. Instead of being manipulated into that, I choose to use $5 Western Union for my transfers.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackiets 

I used western union and moneygram when my son was travelling and ran out of money on an oh too frequent basis.  Smiley Frustrated

He just had to show his passport and he had instant funds whereever he was.

Paypal would have been much more difficult as its 'country specific' which may have caused problems AND they sometimes review payments for 24 hours AND withdrawals can be pending as well.

So for friends / family I found those 2 options better than paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bomzoy
I've been using my bank account through my PayPal for years with no issues whatsoever and suddenly the other day it stopped working. Called my bank and they said I'm in good standing and should be no issues, called PayPal and they said "yeah were blocking the payments" with no valid reason. I asked if they could unblock and they said "no, have a good day". So anyone else who runs into this just know there is no solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.