Paypal stole my refund

GRANT60
Contributor
Contributor

So my phone was used by someone to buy something from iTunes for $159.99.  No problem, rang iTunes who have refunded the money yet it has not appeared in my pay pal account.  The incompetent Paypal staff just tell me to sort it with iTunes.  What can I do to get my funds off them?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GRANT60 

Do you see a completed refund transaction in your PayPal account? If so, issued refunds are returned to original funding source. Arrival times may vary:  

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

If not, please contact iTunes to follow up on the refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GRANT60
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal balance still not credited a week later! iTunes shows credited a week ago.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GRANT60 

Hmmm, then call customer service again and have them look into it. If the refuse, hang up and call again until you get someone that can help. Double check the funding source of where the funds came from to make the transaction. If you're sure that the money came from the PayPal balance, not credit card or bank account then do continue to contact customer service.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Be persistent but friendly.

Login to Me Too

GRANT60
Contributor
Contributor

Can contact them forever and a day, they just keep referring me to iTunes who have refunded the full amount.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GRANT60 

Did the money come from the PayPal balance, or was it bank account or credit card linked to your PayPal account? Is there a refund transaction listed in your PayPal account though?

Login to Me Too

GRANT60
Contributor
Contributor

Linked to bank account.  No refund transaction in PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Temp20210221c
New Community Member

YUPO!!

Months ago Paypal was supposed to receive my refund from a canceled order on eBay, the $500 never appeared, filed a dispute with my bank and spoke to my lawyer, let the investigation begin.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.