Paypal says eBay is holding my funds, but eBay has released them

danonguitar

Ebay released my funds on August 25 from a transaction that completed on August 18th. Paypal is still showing that there is an external hold on the funds and says that they cannot release them. I even have an email correspondence from eBay stating that the funds are not being held on their side. My money is in limbo and no one seems to want to help me get this resolved. In fact, when I call Paypal, they cut me off and try to transfer me to eBay, stating that they cannot and will not release the funds, and that I must go through eBay for resolution.

Any suggestions? With both sides shrugging off any accountability, I feel like my money might be stuck in limbo for quite some time and I'm scared to do any additional sales through eBay because of this.  

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danonguitar

The longest funds are held is 21 days.

But if you want to try and get Paypal to release them sooner then your best bet is to give c.s. a call.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

danonguitar

Thanks for the response, but I've already called them numerous times. They refuse to be of any assistance because they say it's eBay's fault and they don't have the ability to release the funds. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danonguitar

Not the first time I have heard of Ebay blaming Paypal and Paypal blaming Ebay and the poor seller is in the middle.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VintageBarbie
New Community Member

Hi All,

I have spent hours on the phone/live chat with both ebay and paypal over the past two weeks.  Paypal explained at first that if I just added the tracking numbers (for the packages already delivered), they would release the funds within 24 hours.  I added the tracking numbers, they did not release the funds.  As a side note, I received very positive reviews for all the transactions in questions, returns, etc were not an issue.  I followed up with paypal and they blamed ebay.  Ebay instructed me to call paypal and initiate a three way call with them so they could verbally release the funds (which were already released by ebay).  I tried, and after being on hold for over an hour and twenty minutes, paypal refused to participate in the call.  The next ebay I spoke with, who was lovely and straightforward, explained that since ebay had begun developing proprietary transaction software and thus creating an alternative to paypal for their users, paypal was becoming increasingly difficult towards ebay users.  I tried a second time with ebay to initiate a three way call and paypal hung up on me.  

I use paypal (currently, but probably not for long) with my poshmark and shopify selling platforms and I have never had any issues at all.  I often use it for personal transactions as well.  But, based on this experience, especially the false information from customer service and the patronizing tone by everyone I dealt with today at paypal, I am wondering if the information I received from ebay today is, in fact, the truth.

Please don't waste your time on hold with paypal, they don't seem interested in resolving their issues with ebay users.  

Hope this saves you a bit of time and heartache.  

Login to Me Too

Alexmosh
New Community Member
The exact same thing is happening to me, I have two packages that have been delivered for over a week now and PayPal is still holding my money saying eBay needs to realese it, meanwhile I have emails from eBay saying they asked PayPal to release the funds over three times for both deliveries.
Login to Me Too

lpp0304
Ahhh great same thing happen to me now. May I ask when do you actually get your money back? Does it take a full 21 days?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @danonguitar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

This is a common industry practice that we implement to help ensure a safe environment for both buyers and sellers. Holding certain payments helps to prevent losses, by keeping your money secure. It also makes buyers feel safer and more likely to return and purchase again. You can find more information here

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

lpp0304
Hi do you get the money eventually? Does it really take the full 21 days 😭
Login to Me Too

Smarty_pants

I am in this same situation. My delivery was over a month ago. I understand proprietary licensing but if a screenshot of our eBay account (money available/no hold/product delivered) cannot be used and a three-way call cannot be placed, how are we to get our funds?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.