cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal requesting a new card

SOLVED
New Community Member

Paypal requesting a new card

Im trying to pay for something online but when I log into paypal it asks me to add a payment method even tho my bank account is already verified and been verified for more than a few months, ive already used it maaany times but for some reason its just not working anymore. Any known fixes?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Paypal requesting a new card

@Addas 

Some merchants may have blocked payments that are eChecks and prefer bank payments when it is backed up by credit or debit card aka instant bank transfer which PayPal fronts the money ahead to the seller immediately and wait for your bank payment to clear.

So your option is to add a card as back up when sending bank payment. Or try a different merchant who may not have blocked eChecks.

When you have a bank and card linked to your PayPal account, PayPal can make these instant bank transfer payments except in instances such as the card is expired.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Paypal requesting a new card

@Addas 

Some merchants may have blocked payments that are eChecks and prefer bank payments when it is backed up by credit or debit card aka instant bank transfer which PayPal fronts the money ahead to the seller immediately and wait for your bank payment to clear.

So your option is to add a card as back up when sending bank payment. Or try a different merchant who may not have blocked eChecks.

When you have a bank and card linked to your PayPal account, PayPal can make these instant bank transfer payments except in instances such as the card is expired.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂