Paypal refund

DaliborP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would like to ask. I am about to buy a car part from a Facebook group. Is there a way I can send a money to a guy and have it backed up somehow by paypal so if something goes wrong (empty package, different stuff, etc.) I can refund the money safe way and not get scammed? Thanks for help 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaliborP 

Send payment as goods and services. Do not send friends and family payment as there are no refunds or purchase protection on such payments. And be leery of sellers who ask you to send money as friends and family. They are a seller, not a buddy.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DaliborP
Contributor
Contributor
So just pick the option goods and services, put a price and that is it and if something goes wrong PayPal should help me with refund right? Does it matter that the buy isnt official but only “facebook shoping” ? Also I guess there is some fee for a money transfer for goods right? Will that be added after I will put how much money I want to send or I have to count that in before? Thanks for help. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaliborP wrote:
So just pick the option goods and services, put a price and that is it and if something goes wrong PayPal should help me with refund right? Does it matter that the buy isnt official but only “facebook shoping” ? Also I guess there is some fee for a money transfer for goods right? Will that be added after I will put how much money I want to send or I have to count that in before? Thanks for help. 🙂

Yes, pick goods and service option under the amount field as you're sending payment via Send & Request. There is purchase protection on goods and services payment but you should read the terms and conditions as it has it's limitations depending on the circumstances of your transaction. Click "Legal" at the bottom to access the PayPal User Agreement. If you're in the USA, look here. It's not a guarantee, warranty, or insurance. Pay with a credit card to have chargeback rights if somehow the PayPal dispute system doesn't work out for you.

It doesn't matter if it is a facebook shopping or anywhere else, as long as you pay with your PayPal account, you can dispute though the transaction in your PayPal account on goods and services payment. There is no PayPal fee for buyers, the seller pays the PayPal fee for receiving the money, that's why sellers want to ask you to pay via friends and family to avoid fees which is against PayPal User Agreement, if they're willing to avoid that, what else they will avoid? So be firm with the goods and services payment when sending money in exchange for goods & services.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.