Paypal refund still not showing up after 10 days

CJ_Rams
Contributor
Contributor

Good day Paypal community, what is the way forward from here?

i bought an item on ebay using my 1 time visa card/ (visual visa card) the card was valid only for that transaction after that the system deletes it. The transaction went well i payed for the item and after 3days the seller cancelled the order indicating that,  "its out of stock" and refunded my money to same method of payment i used which was visa and i received an email from paypal indicating that the refund will be credited to my paypal account. i checked with my bank/ card issuer and explained everything to them and they said the money won't show up on my bank since the card number used was no longer valid for any transaction.

My question is where is the refund??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJ_Rams 

Refunds to card can take anywhere from a week, up to 30 days, depending in the card issuer. Refunds always go back on the original card. The transaction is reversed back to the card. If it is a debit card linked to your bank account and not a credit card, it could be credit to your PayPal balance if it can't be refunded to the debit card.

Please contact customer service if you need further assistance:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CJ_Rams
Contributor
Contributor

the refund won't go to my bank account since the card number is no longer in use, but how long does it take to get it credited to your paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.