Paypal pre approved payments

Bharatchoudhary
New Community Member

Yesterday PayPal deducted my money to a website called for my auto approved plan payment. money deducted on my bank card .I am confusing this happened.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bharatchoudhary

Check in here to see if you had a subscription set up.............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tonypmartin

I have just had this issue too with UK2.  As far as I can tell, I have done nothing to authorize a prepayment plan being set up.  And have not had any email notification that this was being done.  My primary reason for using paypal is to isolate my payment information from my credit card account details.  If it is now possible for suppliers to take payments directly without my having to log in to authorize it then it would seem I no longer have that level of protection.  I can see the advantages of setting up such a plan for recurring payments, but the setting up of a plan seems to be far too loose.  I can see that it is possible to cancel a recurring payment, but I don't see a way to disable the ability for prepayed plans to be set up automatically by suppliers.

There just doesn't seem to be sufficient control over this feature for me to be comfortable with it. 

Login to Me Too

tonypmartin

OK, having looked at this further and considered the circumstances, I can see how this came about.  I had previously made a paypal payment for a service  from UK2 and had selected automatic renewal.  Therefore I can see that for this particular service how the prepayment plan got set up, although I hadn't seen this in paypal before.  What surprised me was when I went to pay for a second service from UK2, they were able to set up another prepayment plan without me logging in and confirming it.  This made me very nervous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.