Paypal pop-up not connecting correctly?

keonec
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having trouble when I try to buy things using my paypal.

My bank account has been successfully verified and registered and is set to preferred payment. I've even made a purchase a couple of days ago with no issues.

On some websites, when I'm finally ready to pay, the usual paypal pop-up shows and I can log in, no problem. But, as you can see in the first screenshot below, the pop-up tells me that I need to register either my bank account (which already is) or a credit card. This has happened to me on two separate, completely unrelated websites. And just for the hell of it, as you can see in the second screenshot below, I've re-entered my bank account number but it tells me that it's already registered with my account. My girlfriend eventually signed into her paypal account linked to her own bank account and she had no issues completing this purchase for me. So she doesn't have the same issue as I do. I even tested this on my phone and I have the same issue.

Does anyone know what this issue is about?

I didn't even know what to Google to find a solution to this problem, so if this type of thing has been asked before, I do apologize.

Also, I am linking my paypal account to a German bank account but I don't think it's a German specific issue.

screenshot1screenshot1

screenshot2screenshot2

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.