Paypal payments direct me no matter what to asking for credit card

RamTheSleepy01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there I've been having this problem for over a couple weeks now where my bank is connected to paypal and tried to add money to the balance aswell but both options didn't work as my payment directed me to asking for a credit card but I don't have one I line in the Eu, so now I'm stuck and can't pay simple things like gifts that are on sale and I've payed normally before but after a few weeks this kept happening.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RamTheSleepy01 

Often if you have a failed bank transfer / neg balance paypals link with your bank is broken as they want you to use the safer option of a card.

This is because if you use your bank account paypal always credit the seller upfront but they don't take that risk if you have any failed transfers etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RamTheSleepy01 

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all lately?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RamTheSleepy01
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Yes I did have a negative balance for a short time, but I fixed the problem a couple months ago already, is that the reason why?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RamTheSleepy01 

Often if you have a failed bank transfer / neg balance paypals link with your bank is broken as they want you to use the safer option of a card.

This is because if you use your bank account paypal always credit the seller upfront but they don't take that risk if you have any failed transfers etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.