Paypal obliges me to pay by credit card

thelordhani
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings, 

I have been using paypal since 2017. My Paypal Balance has been my preferred method to send money online ever since. I have sufficient amount to make the transaction but paypal refused to let me send money or do a transaction without linking a credit card or bank account first. I thought it was for security reason. I have linked my credit card even though i didn't want to make the transaction by it.

When again proceeding to payment, paypal does not provide my Paypal Balance as a method to choose and obliges me to do it by the credit card.

- Settings of my account are set to Paypal Balance as preferred.

- I have sufficient amount in my Paypal Balance to make the transaction. 

- The service provider , whom i am trying to make the transaction for, accept paypal.

Why am I still obliged to pay by credit card when i proceed to payment ? 

P.S The transaction is made from a european to an asian country.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thelordhani 

If you are using funds in your paypal ''balance'' then they have to be in the correct currency of that persons country.

Whereas if you are funding it from a ''bank account or card'' paypal will convert the funds for you when you send in their currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anna192

I have exactly issue with you! everything exactly the same!!

I just read the only one reply there, I'm having my balance in USD, and the payment I'm trying to make is in Euro, so I 'm going to try to see if I can change the currency and make it work....

It's a headache though if everytime when it's a different currency you have to change the currency... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.