Paypal keeps rejecting my transactions on Ebay. Offered zero resolution.

blcooper
Contributor
Contributor

I am beyond words. I have to call in every few days because the Paypal system that Ebay uses to process transactions constantly flags my cards, several cards, all of which I have verified as forms of payment on my own personal Paypal account. I have cleared the cards with my banks on several occasions. There is nothing wrong with them. 

I just got off the phone with Paypal, who told me that the system is working as it should, and there is no security or technical issue, but that the system is flagging my transactions and they cannot tell me why. They cannot connect me with a department that can help. They cannot clear my account of this flagging or do anything to prevent this from happening. They suggested I contact the merchant directly to process the transaction, which might be against the Ebay terms of service. 

Is it really the case that nobody at Paypal can help with this issue? Is there really no department or person accountable for this kind of thing? That's basically what they told me over the phone. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @blcooper,

Thank you for your reply. You mentioned that you allow someone to log in on your behalf. Password sharing is very high risk and is very likely part of the problem that you're experiencing. If the need to have a secondary user on your account is there, the option that might work for you is to upgrade to a Business account and add a secondary user. The other person would have their own login for your account and would stop using your login and password. I would suggest that you then also change your password and not share it again. 

It is not a guaranteed solution in the event that there are other factors contributing to the declines, but it would reduce the risk associated with your account if the use you describe is discontinued, and that would reduce the need for the system to decline payments.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi blcooper, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. I am sorry to hear that you are having such issues making your payments. If you have verified all of your information and you are still having issues then it sounds like our internal security system is stopping your payments. This can happen if you are logging in from somewhere that you wouldn't normally log in from or if you are using something to mask your IP or location. It can also happen if you are making payments that are out of the ordinary for your account. I can understand that this may be frustrating for you however please understand that your internal security system is there to protect accounts and payments. If you are still facing this issue please wait 24 hours and then try the payment again from your normal device or location. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

blcooper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula,

Thanks for getting back to me. It does seem as if things are getting better. 

> "internal security system is stopping your payments. This can happen if you are logging in from somewhere that you wouldn't normally log in from or if you are using something to mask your IP or location. It can also happen if you are making payments that are out of the ordinary for your account."

Yes, I currently am a digital nomad (work in several locations around the world) and have an assistant in Minnesota and Ohio that logs in on my behalf. 

Paypal said the system was flagging my transactions when I called in, and said there is no solution for tweaking the internal system, so I would get perpetually flagged. It does seem as if Paypal has been processing my transactions since this was posted (or since you replied) and there haven't been any issues, but I hesitate to say it is fully resolved until there is some consistency. Previously I was having to call in every 2 or 3 days for a rejected transaction on the same cards that were all registered with Paypal. I will mark this as resolved in about a week if my cards don't get flagged. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @blcooper,

Thank you for your reply. You mentioned that you allow someone to log in on your behalf. Password sharing is very high risk and is very likely part of the problem that you're experiencing. If the need to have a secondary user on your account is there, the option that might work for you is to upgrade to a Business account and add a secondary user. The other person would have their own login for your account and would stop using your login and password. I would suggest that you then also change your password and not share it again. 

It is not a guaranteed solution in the event that there are other factors contributing to the declines, but it would reduce the risk associated with your account if the use you describe is discontinued, and that would reduce the need for the system to decline payments.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

blcooper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for getting back to me on this. Paypal has gotten markedly better and not rejecting my transactions now and I have upgraded to a business account. Thanks for all your help!

T

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.