Paypal keeps asking me for a payment method even though my bank details are already added

LongsonFullmeta
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this problem for a while now and no one at PayPal seems to be able to provide proper customer service so I am sick and tired of this **bleep** to the point where I feel like I should just terminate this account and be done with it. 
To me, so far PayPal has been not worth the hassle. Problems upon problems, it cannot be so hard to code a frikkin website that actually works. 

So, I added my bank details. 
I went to account setting and added my bank account as the preferred payment method for both online shopping and for shopping in stores. 
There was also another option that uses my bank account as the preferred method. 

For some reason though, whenever I try to buy something, PayPal keeps redirecting me to the same goddamn page that asks me to add a payment method or credit card, even though I have already added one that works perfectly fine and has more than enough money available on it.
It keeps asking me to add a payment method, so I just add my bank details again, but when I press enter, it just loads, and then the fields where I added my bank details just empty out and I get the same annoying message that says "add a payment method". 

At this point I'm just plain **bleep** as you can imagine and don't really feel like ever wasting a single minute on this website. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Silverfox079
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I've been trying to complete a purchase for two days. I have four payment methods confirmed and with balance to cover for the transaction. Every time it goes to the same page to add a payment method. This is frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

LongsonFullmeta
Contributor
Contributor

Still no Help from PayPal whatsoever. 
I had a back and forth with Paypal support in the message center. Some tried to help, others claimed they had the solution and got my hopes up. 
For instance, one of them told me to top up my Paypal balance. Coincidentally I need to add at least 50€, even though I just wanted to buy something that cost like 5€... Anyway, I just bit into the metaphorical sour apple and added 50€to my Paypal balance and I could pay. 

I thought this matter was solved. 
For me, PayPal was supposed to work like this: If you want to buy something using Paypal as a payment method, you can just use it and be done with it. No further complications down the line. If your Paypal balance is empty it draws in the money from your bank account (or something along those lines) this was how I intended to use Paypal. I did not want to transfer money from my bank to Paypal. Also, I do not have a credit card nor do I want one. And I refuse to get one just because paypal is incapable of doing what it's supposed to. 

So once my Paypal balance dropped to zero again the problem resurfaced. Turns out, the Paypal support worker sort of "lied" to me, just to get me out of his hair and the ticket closed. 
He claimed that once I add the 50€ once, the matter should be fixed and future transactions should automatically draw money in from my bank account. 
But again, it did not work. And now the support workers are either telling me I should call the support team since some things can only be solved in direct conversations, or telling me it's not possible. 

What is this kind of bs really? If there were a Paypal alternative, I would be long gone and am actually considering just terminate this for once and for all since this website is basically useless to me. Can't believe this company has no competition in this field. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LongsonFullmeta 

Did you confirm the bank account with the 4 digit code after adding it?

Is there a direct debit mandate set up in your online banking for paypal?

Sometimes paypal also require you to add a back up card so that they can process the payments as instant transfers rather than sending them as echeques.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.