Paypal is withholding money that the sender has been charged for

avagoreaphobia
Contributor
Contributor
On Oct. 11th, money was sent to us by a friend to help us out during covid. It's a substantial amount of money that the sender was charged for over a week ago. Your phone number is absolutely useless and no one will respond in the message center. Can someone please help us?! We are really struggling.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avagoreaphobia 

Well its not our phone number as this is not paypal customer services, its a user to user help forum.

Does it show as pending on the senders OR your side and if so is there a clearance date?

How did they send the funds was it friends/family or goods/services.

How did they fund the payment bank transfer or a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

avagoreaphobia
Contributor
Contributor
It says its pending on our side, I'm not sure about their side. I'll ask them. When we call, it says it'll be released on or around the 15th, which was obviously 11 days ago. It was sent for friends/family with an echeque and their bank account was charged 11 days ago. Am I just crazy or is there something wrong here?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avagoreaphobia 

Then its an echeque and normally it clears on or around the date given.

Can't think why it has not cleared but paypal can't credit it to you until they have received it from the senders bank account.

So i would get the sender to contact their bank to find out why its taking so long to process.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

avagoreaphobia
Contributor
Contributor
They've already contacted their bank and everything. It doesn't make any sense. It really sucks 'cause I'm a musician and all of this going on with covid has made it almost impossible for me to work. A friend of mine was just trying to help me out:/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.