Paypal is using my balance first, even though I have bank account selected

TangoSKC
New Community Member

Hello!

I've noticed that on some of my automatic payments, paypal is using my balance first, then my bank account.  I only have my bank account selected as my primary payment method, however, it keeps happening on multiple payments.  

Is there any way around this??  I'm not sure why it keeps happening.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TangoSKC 

Check on each of the subscriptions and change the funding source for them.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

princess812810
New Community Member

@kernowlass I have an issue where I was $97.39 overdrawn in my Paypal account. I made a payment to top up the account, then sent an additional payment to a different person for $30. However, I was charged $127.39 AND $97.39 instead of $127.39 total. When I sent it through the resolution disputes they denied my claim. What would be the best way to go about resolving this issue. 

Login to Me Too

mtjls
Contributor
Contributor

I see no answer to this question?  I use my balance for me when I want to buy something.  I have one client who pays me on paypal and now I do not have hardly any balance because paypal is using my balance even though I have my bank set as preferred.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.