Paypal is frustrating

skippesa
New Community Member

Im so beyond frustrated right now. I've had paypal since early last year. Up until December my payments were working fine, I paid through my bank which I much prefer as I don't have a debit or credit card to use. Towards the end of the month I suddenly got this message saying I needed to add a credit/debit card which was never a problem before when I paid with my bank but my bank option was completely removed from the payment screen all together. It was still confirmed in my account and I could still pay bills and take money into my paypal balance but I couldn't pay a merchant at all even though it had worked just a few days before this happened. It kept going on for a couple months afterwards and nothing would work. I even got a prepaid credit card to see if that would "please the system" and I could then have a backup if that's what they wanted but even then my bank wouldn't show up as a payment method. Last week I got angry with Paypal all together and closed my account and made a new one hoping that would work. This morning it finally worked and my bank showed up as a payment option and I was so relieved. I immediately bought a birthday gift which did in fact go through and now its a number of hours later and I tried to make a purchase and the same damn screen popped up saying I needed a card on my account and my bank was once again gone on the payment screen. Please help I've tried everything and the staff on here haven't been very helpful I don't know what to do. Paypal is widely used on most online sites which is how I buy most christmas and birthday gifts but it has so many problems to deal with and Im so frustrated from trying to get through all these hurdles they put down for us. Please has anyone experienced this before and have you been able to fix it permanently? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@skippesa 

Why don't you just link your banks 'debit' card to your paypal account?

That would satisfy the card request AND you would still be using your bank account to pay for items?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.