Paypal is blocking a purchase without providing reasoning

luab

I'm trying to buy an expensive item on camera and paypal is preventing me from doing so. The item is $7,500, for some reason the only way ebay will let me pay for the item is through paypal, the seller has said it will not let him accept debit card payment. Here's were things get wacky. We find paypals help line and try calling multiple times. Each time when the option to talk to a person finally presents itself , the line rings once then a robot tells me that they aren't taking calls right now and hangs up? What the hell? SO I go through the Help resource message center and after an hour of talking to a robot finally get the option to speak to a person. I state my question and it takes them HOURS to reply. And when they do this is what they tell me.

""I understand the challenge of completing this payment. However, I highly suggest you to contact the recipient and use other payment options outside of PayPal because we have detected that this transaction is risky for your account.
There is nothing wrong with your account, so you can still make other type of purchases. It only shows that the payment you were trying to complete was being flagged by our internal security system. I know that this has caused you frustration. But our anti-fraud practices and transaction reviews are in place for the benefit of everyone that also affects accounts in good standing such as yours.
We value your business and are committed to your satisfaction. Your security is our priority and nothing is more important to us than making sure your money reaches your recipient’s account without sacrificing your money and your account security.""

SO I reply why is the transaction risky? Is it because it's a high cost purchase? Does the seller have a bad history with paypal? 
This is the reply.

""I am not provided with the reason the payment has been declined for your security. Our system does a 360 degree look at a transaction.
I know that this very important to you, and in order for us to provide you with one of the safest online payment methods, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe.
If this is a time sensitive payment, I would recommend making it outside of PayPal or use a different payment method to complete the transaction. You can try again in a few days but there is no guarantee the payment will go through as our security reviews every transaction.""

I ask for a phone number so I can talk to someone in person and not have to wait three hours for every reply, and have not heard back in over 6 hours.

So my question is this. 

Is there any way for me to talk to a real human being to either have this transaction unflagged or to at least find out the reason it was flagged in the first place?

I'm at a loss and the ebay seller is unable to accept anything besides paypal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.