Paypal, i love you from the heart of my bottom!

Graceface
Contributor
Contributor

Busy little place this? I wonder why lol, here's the last email i sent paypal regarding them turning a simple transaction ito a farce, Dear Paypal, "Something that's just occured to me, considering i have paid by paypal dozens of times 'without' any money in my paypal acount, why have you decided  this time to turn this transaction into a 2 week fiasco??

What gives you the right to turn my transaction with a business, which would normally  take 2 or 3 days into 2 weeks? 
Oh yes, i know, ir's the amount of money involved this time! Yep, lets grab this customers hard earned money and keep it for as long as we like, let's not care about the customer not getting the goods he's paid for, or the person i have given business to waiting 2 weeks for the money, oh no!! Let's keep this money and make interest off it! 
And if the customer queries this, which they obviously will, just say it's the banks fault!! 
Do you think i don't know my bank?? My bank in the middle of last year, on a Sunday! Took 20 minutes to do a transfer of £700!!!!20 MINUTES!! 
So, get lying, crooked, immoral Paypal involved, it,s 2 weeks!!? "
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Graceface,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble regarding the payment you sent, I understand how the time frame can be frustrating. Based on what you've said, it sounds like you may have sent a payment using an eCheque. This is done in situations where there may be more risk, such as the situation you mentioned, sending a larger amount of money than normal.

With typical transfers using your bank, PayPal pays the merchant for you, then waits for the amount to process from your bank. This allows the payment to complete and the merchant to start shipping your item even though we haven't received the amount from your bank yet.

ECheques work a little different - due to the risk, we have to wait for the money to come from the bank first. This processing time depends on the bank's processing, holidays, and weekends, so there are multiple factors that delay this transfer. Once we receive the funds from your bank, they are then sent to the seller immediately to complete the transaction.

The only reason something like this would have taken two weeks is if you hit multiple weekends or holidays. Say, for example, you did the withdrawal on a Thursday or Friday; because eCheques take 5-7 business days to clear, you could potentially hit two weekends in the transfer time, which would make the non-business day processing time of this transfer 11-12 days.

I understand how much of an inconvenience this can be, and I apologize for the wait. I hope that by this point the transfer has completed and your item has been shipped.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.