Paypal has stolen $6900 dollars from me and will not answer the phone, chat or message.

Bird12
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has stolen $6900 dollars from me and will not answer the phone, chat or message.

I paid a huge medical bill using paypal. However, when I called the merchant to make sure they had received my funds, they had not been paid.

Paypal had sent me a receipt with a transaction id number and a merchant transaction id number.

I called the phone number on the receipt, &nbs[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]only to here a recorded message saying Paypal has closed their call center due to covid.

The message feature on Paypal gives this message - 

Our apologies, but messages are currently unavailable.

Please close this window and select another contact option.

I need some way to contact a real person at paypal.

I cannot believe how hard Palpal has made it to even post a message here.

This is no way to run a business.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bird12 

How did you pay? Through the merchant website that accepts PayPal? Or you sent the money with merchant email address from your PayPal account?

What is the status of the payment? Is it Pending? Under Review? This is a lot of money so PayPal may have held it for review or the recipient is notified it is on hold. When did you send the payment?

Due to COVID-19 and limited staff, responses are taking longer unfortunately. Push comes to shove, open a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review situation. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bird12
Contributor
Contributor

The situation was resolved. 

But only because of my efforts and the fact that I documented everything and took screenshots of the payment process.

I guess if there is a moral to the story...it is to keep records of everything and trust nobody.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.