Paypal fees - should I be paying them?

hayward223
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I paid for some doors online using Paypal and the company was then unable to send them so i asked for a refund. The refund I received through them via paypal was £515 when the original transaction fee was £527. When i contacted them, they said the £12 was a paypal fee.

My question is, should i (as the customer) be paying the £12 or is it the sellers fees? 

thanks,

adam 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

hayward223
Contributor
Contributor
Any help on this would be great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hayward223 

You do realise this is a VOLUNTEER forum?

So expecting an immediate reply and bumping posts is not advised.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hayward223
Contributor
Contributor
I wasn’t trying to bump anything? Not sure why VOLUNTEER is in capitals either but appreciate you gave up your time immediately to be condescending.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hayward223 

Your welcome.

Volunteer was in blocks to emphasise the fact that allowing time for someone to reply to you is better than bumping your thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hayward223
Contributor
Contributor
Your logic doesn’t make sense. Surely I can’t bump up my question and then wait my turn? As surely bumping up my question would move me higher and it sounds like you work from the bottom? So by saying any help would be great (which I didn’t know ‘bumped me up’) has actually worked against me?! It was my first ever post so I will know for next time. That’s very mature of you... if you are a ‘esteemed advisor’ i have no hope.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.