Paypal echeck

Zippy0719
New Community Member
I was paid for a landscaping job two days ago by E-Check and I need that money. It is not showing up and now I'm reading it can take up to 6 days? Is there any way to extract this money does anyone have any advice? This is awful
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zippy0719 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option.

HOWEVER if you are paid via an echeque then you are NOT credited upfront, you have to wait for it to clear before it can be withdrawn to your bank account. Paypal can't give you something that they have not received yet and an echeque normally means the buyer does not have a back up card linked to their paypal account to allow paypal to credit you in advance and reduce risk to them of the bank transfer failing. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zippy0719 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option.

HOWEVER if you are paid via an echeque then you are NOT credited upfront, you have to wait for it to clear before it can be withdrawn to your bank account. Paypal can't give you something that they have not received yet and an echeque normally means the buyer does not have a back up card linked to their paypal account to allow paypal to credit you in advance and reduce risk to them of the bank transfer failing. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.