Paypal defaulting to OLD, DELETED shipping address!

EricPeterson
Contributor
Contributor

Well, here it is two days from 2020 and a bugaboo that's been reported since 2014 almost bit me. Months ago I made sure to go through my Paypal account and delete old addresses and update my current DEFAULT address, and make sure that was checked DEFAULT, and when a merchant in Italy re-routed me to Paypal when I elected CREDIT CARD, Paypal promptly displayed the OBSOLETE, DELETED, OLD address as the PREFERRED shipping address anyway.

Way uncool.

Not an ebay transaction. Not a seller with whom I've previously done business.

Cancelled the transaction. Informed the seller that their use of Paypal just lost them a US$1200 sale.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

EricPeterson
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, PAYPAL, this is still happening! Went to pay an invoice from a seller and the selected address is OLD, DELETED, BAD, INVALID, OBSOLETE! Worse, it's marked as PREFERRED for some reason!

Let's make this clear! A year ago I deleted all the old addresses from the account, and only two addresses remain.

When I pay an invoice, Paypal automatically fills in a "PREFERRED" address that's been deleted for that past year!

C'mon! Get a CLUE! 

Login to Me Too

Knobsohn
Contributor
Contributor
Just had the same issue with a $1200 purchase. It happened the last time I used PayPal too. Last time I thought it was my fault so I ensured the address was deleted from PayPal, PayPal Credit, my google account, my web browsers on my computer AND phone. A few months later I just made this purchase and it happened AGAIN. Of course my luck, I ordered the last one and there are no more in stock so according to customer service I can’t cancel and buy a new one or I’ll lose the item so now I’m waiting 48 hours to see if the vendor is able to change the shipping address. I thought I must be the only one...but this issue has been around for SIX YEARS according to forum posts. This is ridiculous. It’s worth applying for an actual credit card instead of using PayPal Credit. Might as well get some points or something instead of constant inconvenience.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.