Paypal checkout not working

evasusanneelisa
Contributor
Contributor
I have been buying many times from a nice store on Etsy,never any problems. A month ago the PayPal checkout there stopped working. I have contacted Paypal and Etsy several times; they ask the seller to contact them. The seller has contacted them many times but only gets robot answers or is asked to get the customer contacting!! At the moment no one can buy in his shop. One month has passed. What to do?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

cblarsen
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem but with the site TurboSquid.com
Paypal Checkout will simply fail with a message such as
Purchase Failure - A problem occurred while attempting to complete your purchase. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact PayPal, or TurboSquid Member Services with reference <I am hiding the reference number for security reasons> for more information.

Vendor tells me to contact Paypal, because it is a Paypal issue. Seems impossible to find a way to contact Paypal directly

Login to Me Too

evasusanneelisa
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, many many Times Paypal was contacted, and very much work went to solving this. Try calling on the phone or chatting.
Login to Me Too

cblarsen
Contributor
Contributor

They have a chat? And a phone number? I have gone in circles on their website for a while trying to find that. Any links?

Login to Me Too

evasusanneelisa
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, log in and try the HelpCenter. There's sometimes a delay of a day or two. Chat on weekdays, office hours. Phonenumbers are maybe best found by googling: "How do I call PayPal?"
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @evasusanneelisa and @cblarsen,

Thank you both for your posts. I'm sorry to hear that you've had difficulty making purchases. Payment declines can happen for multiple reasons. Please take a look at this article for some possibilities.

Regarding the last post made in this thread, I would suggest against using a search engine to find contact options. Scammers and phishing fraudsters will hide their fake numbers among any real ones on the internet, and it is always possible that the difference will not be clear if a search engine is used to find the number. Please only use the contact options available when you click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

cblarsen
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the link to the guide about getting payments to work describes what to do if payments have never worked.
The issue is that they stop working, after previously having worked, without any intelligible reason provided.
I realize that the reason a payment fails may be that a debit/credit card provider is refusing the payment, but even that information is not supplied when the payment fails.

And about googling for contact info. Well, we wouldn't do that if the info could actually be found on Paypal's website.

Best,
Carsten

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.