Paypal checkout issues

Dom444

Hey community! Ive recently made a Paypal account to make an online purchase for some school gradwear. I dont have a debit or credit card but ive linked my bank account to paypal. During paypal checkout it automatically asks me for a card and wont let me use my bank. Paypal is also not letting me add to my balance? So my question is, can you use paypal balance without a card linked? Or can you use your bank account without a card linked? Maybe its just the seller that wont accept it but i need to make this purchase soon so please help!:)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Dom444,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. You should be able to pay without a balance on your account and without a card linked. Occasionally, we may block the use of a particular card, a bank account or your balance if there may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the transaction. This is similar to the way your bank or credit card issuer approves transactions. 
In addition, allow our systems 48 hours to clear any potential flags that might have tied up to your PayPal account. If that is not the case, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.