Paypal caused overdrafts by charging wrong payment method

Emilynigma
New Community Member
Someone tell me WHY in the wild blue F did PayPal take my Microsoft transactions out of an account that isn't my preferred method, when my preferred method had THOUSANDS of dollars available????? I kept getting notices that PayPal claimed my bank had insufficient funds and that they would try again. Since my Xbox Live membership and other microsoft game purchases successfully went through, I thought it had to be a glitch. PayPal has to go through my debit card, then the bank account attached to that card, then TWO MORE UNUSED ACCOUNTS connected strictly for deposit, but my preferred and backup has plenty of funds. Because of PayPal's error thinking that somehow my bank is empty, which I can prove its never been, PAYPAL CHARGED MY CAR LOAN BANK ACCOUNT AND HAS CAUSED OVER $100 IN OVERDRAFT FEES. WHY. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN. I fully expect PayPal to reimburse me for this, because I made the purchase KNOWING I had sufficient funds, and PAYPAL decided to charge a non-preferred payment method.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.