Paypal button doesn't work properly

Tak0822
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've just made a paypal payment button so that my customers can pay without a paypal account.

But it always jumps to the login page once you click the button, so the payment cannot be done without an account.

Could anyone knows how I can solve this?

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Tak0822

Good day! I hope all is well. Thank you for using community forum to be heard.

Depending on your settings, some editors (notably Dreamweaver and FrontPage 2003) automatically enumerate form variables in your HTML code. PayPal's server doesn't recognize these modified variables, causing the buttons to work incorrectly. For example, your buttons may go to the PayPal home page instead of a PayPal payment page.

Review the source code of the PayPal payment buttons to see if the variables have numbers appended to them (such as cmd2, business2, item_name2, submit2, etc.). This is called enumeration and is probably caused by your web editor. To fix this, edit your HTML code and remove the numeral after each variable.

Here's how to prevent Dreamweaver from enumerating your variables:

In Dreamweaver, click Edit.
Click Preferences.
Under General, deselect Rename Form Items When Pasting (for Dreamweaver MX, this option is located under Code Rewriting).

Here's how to prevent FrontPage 2003 from enumerating your variables:

In FrontPage 2003, click Tools.
Click Page Options.
Select the General tab.
Clear the Make ID Unique on Paste box.
Click OK.

If you don't use Dreamweaver or FrontPage 2003, consult your editor's help files to learn how to disable this setting. You can also manually remove the added numbers from the variable names in the HTML source code.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Stay Blessed!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Tak0822

Good day! I hope all is well. Thank you for using community forum to be heard.

Depending on your settings, some editors (notably Dreamweaver and FrontPage 2003) automatically enumerate form variables in your HTML code. PayPal's server doesn't recognize these modified variables, causing the buttons to work incorrectly. For example, your buttons may go to the PayPal home page instead of a PayPal payment page.

Review the source code of the PayPal payment buttons to see if the variables have numbers appended to them (such as cmd2, business2, item_name2, submit2, etc.). This is called enumeration and is probably caused by your web editor. To fix this, edit your HTML code and remove the numeral after each variable.

Here's how to prevent Dreamweaver from enumerating your variables:

In Dreamweaver, click Edit.
Click Preferences.
Under General, deselect Rename Form Items When Pasting (for Dreamweaver MX, this option is located under Code Rewriting).

Here's how to prevent FrontPage 2003 from enumerating your variables:

In FrontPage 2003, click Tools.
Click Page Options.
Select the General tab.
Clear the Make ID Unique on Paste box.
Click OK.

If you don't use Dreamweaver or FrontPage 2003, consult your editor's help files to learn how to disable this setting. You can also manually remove the added numbers from the variable names in the HTML source code.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Stay Blessed!

Login to Me Too

Tak0822
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ysa_,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation, it worked!!

Best regards,

Takashi

Login to Me Too

hadleyr
New Community Member

Excellent - solved my problem!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.