Paypal balance

BRanola
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I have a question. I have no money on paypal, and my student credit card has no money. But i was still able to buy or add money on steam. (I only have 1 card and my bank account link to my paypal, no balance)
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BRanola 

Transfers from funding sources ie bank account or cards are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item/service without delay.

If you don't have enough funds in that funding source ie card or bank account then paypal will put your paypal balance into negative and limit it until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BRanola
Contributor
Contributor
And steam only has my paypal link to it, there is no other card or paypal account. So i dont know where and how i get the money.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BRanola 

Transfers from funding sources ie bank account or cards are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item/service without delay.

If you don't have enough funds in that funding source ie card or bank account then paypal will put your paypal balance into negative and limit it until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.