Paypal balance doesn't show up, forcing me to claim money and send it to my bank

Neroflare
Contributor
Contributor

I hate this so much, I've been having this problem for a month and I have no clue why.  I keep trying to contact PayPal but I have no real other options nor guarantees I'm even going to get an email back. 

My PayPal is acting as if I have no PayPal balance and by that I mean as if it wasn't even a thing. It doesn't show up and every time I'm sent money it tells me I need to claim it and send it to my bank. I have no clue how to fix this.

I have confirmed my bank account, SSN, Credit card , the only thing they're missing is for me to give my damn blood type. I don't know how to fix this and I'm beyond **bleep** off about the situation, there's no reason it should be acting like this. All I want is for the money that is sent to me to go into my PayPal balance so I can transfer it later, its an easier way to organize and know how much is going into my account regarding what I sell. Not only that it's charging me a bigger fee than before because I have to send it to my bank account rather than simply receiving the money. If I can get any form of help on this'd be great because I'm so frustrated I can't even see straight

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Neroflare

So on one hand you are saying that you are not receiving any funds into your Paypal balance.

Then you are saying that its charging you a bigger fee to send it to your bank account.....how can you be sending something that has not shown up in your paypal balance to your bank account??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Neroflare
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

It's probably just as frustrating to read it. See when someone sends me cash it sits on my PayPal asking me to claim it, it doesn't go into a balance or anything. It says to claim it and then have to transfer it into my bank account.

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 5.00.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-06 at 5.00.57 PM.png

Which isn't what I want to do, normally if someone sends you money it'll just be in your PayPal balance with no sort of claim thing and then you can choose to transfer it if you'd like or use the funds there to buy items. However I can't do that, it's acting as if I have no PayPal balance. If I go into my Preffered ways to pay it doesn't show a PayPal balance and I can't add money to said balance because there is no option to and the money I receive doesn't go into it, it forces me to claim it and send it to the bank. 

Which is extremely annoying because I have no clue why it's happening this way when I've confirmed everything that I could

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello Neroflare,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

aaavhh
Contributor
Contributor

I just started having this issue too, I have never seen this before! I assume this is something new PayPal has added in... 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.