Paypal asks for credit or debit card when adding paypal as a payment method on Uber Eats

BruKnows
The preferred method of payment in my account for online ourchases is alrady set to paypal balance and it stills asks for a card
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BruKnows 

One solution I saw in the forums is clicking cancel button on the "add card" form if one is available and see if the payment will go through with just using your PayPal balance.

Or try clearing your browser cache/cookies and carefully try your transaction again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BruKnows 

Yes, because it wants a card as back up and/or to set up a billing agreement in your PayPal account profile. It will temporarily charge the card and when the system determines you have enough in your PayPal balance, the temporary charge on the card will reverse.

Login to Me Too

BruKnows
i dont have a credit card thats why i got a paypal in the first place is there anyway to go around this thnx for the speed
Login to Me Too

BruKnows
I already used paypal to buy games in my PS4 soo
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BruKnows 

One solution I saw in the forums is clicking cancel button on the "add card" form if one is available and see if the payment will go through with just using your PayPal balance.

Or try clearing your browser cache/cookies and carefully try your transaction again.

Login to Me Too

smoy
New Community Member

It didn't for me.  I had enough money yet it billed my credit card.  So I removed my credit card.  And now when I try to use paypal, it still wants a credit card to proceed.  I gave up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.