Paypal and Xero

StuartHarris
New Community Member

Every time I have to reconcile Paypal purchases in my Xero account it takes far longer than it should. Here's why.

My Xero account and my Paypal account are denominated in Sterling (British pounds) but I have regular purchases in euros and US dollars. 

The "descriptions"  that show in Xero just say "Paypal" and the sterling amount. So I have to go through the Paypal activity page and individually identify who I bought from, then manually enter the payee into my Xero. I can do a control+F if it's a sterling amount. It's harder when it's a non-sterling amount - I have to search through by date.

Is there no way of 1) getting the description in Xero to show the name of the payee and 2) viewing the Paypal activities in sterling?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kzilli
Contributor
Contributor

SAME! I'm telling my customers to pay through Stripe because the description integrates into my Xero account and I can automate the coding to accounts.  It's soooo manual with Paypal. Help - you can gain more business with this feature fix!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.